Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Loves Complete

This book was a children's book about adoption. I thought it would be interesting considering my families personal desire to adopt. It was not an awful book, and I think the message behind the book was good, however I felt like it was written and thrown together very quickly. The pictures looked like poor computer animation, while the writing inside was also poor. It was written in a poetry style, but I found it hard to find the flow of the book. The poem was also very simple, some words in sentences were simply left out to make it rhyme. I was hoping for something a little more meaningful, and I am sure the author and his family find this poem meaningful, but I am not sure that applies to the rest of the world. The book does however outline the adoption process that families went through to adopt children from Russia, in the 1990s. I would not really recommend this book to anyone, but I am not saying it is useless. It serves a purpose, and if it is needed then great. I would rate this book a 2 out of 5 stars. I like what it is trying to do, I just don't think it did what it wanted to successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment