Monday, April 1, 2013

Invisible

Author Ginny Yttrup did a great job in her book Invisible. This is the first story I have ever read in this unique writing style. Yttrup wrote a flowing story from the first person view point of 4 different people. The reader gets a glimpse into the minds of the four main characters, Ellyn, Sabina, Twila and Miles. I loved the way I could feel the story flowing even though the character telling the story changed.
I enjoyed the entire book, and when I put down the book after finishing it I debated picking it up and starting all over. The book itself deals with lots of issues that many people face today: loneliness, depression, body image issues and many more. The main characters were relatable and loveable. I enjoyed reading each story (but Ellyns story might be my favorite). It was an interesting experience reading from the varying minds of the characters, one that I would love to have again quite soon. Invisible made it on my read yearly list (which isn't that long!)
The story of a large chef, a widower doctor, a woman struggling with depression and a girl who is starving as they struggle to find God is what invisible is all about, and Yttrup does an excellent job on the story. I would rate this book a 5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment