Thursday, August 23, 2012

Peace Be With You

As I read this monastic approach to the events that occured on 9/11 I was intrigued. The author David Carlson takes a different approach than any I have read. He looked at the events that occured through a monastic lens, using interviews and then applying those thoughts to our daily lives. The book was intriguing, but at times slow. I thought the best part of the book was the call that Carlson made for us to live differently. We must look at our enemies and desire to see what they face, not simply be stuck on ourselves. This book made me consider different thoughts concerning the events of 9/11 but also throughout other areas of my life. It was an interesting read.
Disclosure Note: Thomas Nelson has given me a complementary copy of this book to write a review. The views expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment