Sunday, November 25, 2012

Red letter revolution

Red Letter Revolution was an interesting read. I did not agree with everything the authors were saying, in fact most of it I did not agree with. However, I did find many of their ideas thought provoking, and I worked through the many different topics addressed in the book as I read.
Campolo and Claiborne present arguments for various aspects of our life, addressing them by looking at the teachings of Jesus and explaining how that determines how we should live.
Personally I am not sure they approached the different teachings of Christ in a good way. I often felt like the teachings were taken out of context and explained differently than I have ever heard them be explained.
Overall I liked reading the book simply to give me a new perspective to think about and a new way to address different issues in our world today. I enjoyed the thoughts of Campolo more tha those of Claiborne. I felt that he presented many issues but without a very practical way to approach those issues. My favorite, and most thought provoking chapters in the book were the chapter on the church and Hell. They proved thought provoking and I still find myself mulling over the ideas presented. Overall I would rate the book 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment